An 18-year-old girl has been killed by her smartphone after it exploded while she was talking on it in India.
The teenager received injuries to her hand, chest and leg and was knocked unconscious before being taken to hospital where she was declared dead.
Her brother Durga Prasad Oram said: ‘As the battery of the mobile phone was draining out, she plugged it for charging while talking over it simultaneously.
The cell phone… was put on charging when she started talking to a relative.
‘Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.’
Pictures of the incident show a damaged phone that some media sources in India say appears to look like a Nokia 5233, released in 2010.